Sunday, April 3, 2016

Traveling near and far.

If you could create your life so far into a movie what would you name it?
I suppose I would name my movie "Caught in the Middle" as my life was caught in between what I thought I wanted (because it was expected of me) and what I know I need. The distinction was only clear when I finally decided to take a leap of faith and leave everything to God, and just live my life day by day with my goal in mind. That Goal is what I am currently working on. As "the director" of my movie, I call the movie of my life "Haidy: The Journey of a Songbird". This movie is playing right and fortunately for me, there are no retakes of the scenes, simply new scenes.

I'm a big believer in being yourself and simply discovering and learning about the world.
I am learning that what we see in the world is a reflection of ourselves, and by reflecting and knowing my self more each and everyday I am constantly growing my perspective of the world.

Being yourself is no easy feat. It is an unconditional love and acceptance of who you are right now. As we grow and develop our core values that make up who we are, I realized that by accepting myself I have also come to accept others. This open mentality is what helped me learn about other people and their cultures, languages, and personalities. As I embark on a journey that is 'near' (I am based in Orlando) and I plan for new adventures in a "far" away place, (A European Excursion)
This kind of journey is not possible without being present in the moment right now.

Traveling in time and space. I think there are five good reasns traveling will make you a good person. Especially in Italy, where you can learn to thrive in a new chaotic realm, admire the simple things, focus on the people around you now, and constantly try new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment