Sunday, January 24, 2016

Where do I begin?


LOVE STORY (Where do I begin)
Performed by Asia's Songbird Regine Velasquez & Asia's Got Talent Gerphil Flores.

This song is appropriate for a budding blog.
 With so many stories to share, where do I begin?

 A love story...

My first and everlasting love is Music.

This performance is a testament for my own musical goals. I am a singer. I will travel the world someday; singing and performing to crowds and filling their hearts with song and happy memories.

As a singer, I've been singing all my life. I was only 2 years young, and I used music to conquer my fears. At two, my main fear was the monster behind the shower curtain while I unleashed my own bath bombs. I (Little Haidy) thought that if the monsters were really hiding behind the shower curtain, then when I sing, they would clap. I was not really expecting anyone to clap, but I wanted them to come out and proudly show themselves to me. It was only in the privacy of my throne room did I find funny songs to sing. Simply singing about anything that came to me. I would sing songs from watching MTV and Disney movies, and the occasional songs my parents would play at home or on the radio. Even to this day I can sing and listen to any kind of music under the sun, moon and stars. It was my unmistakable gift; To sing about anything in the bathroom.

This unmistakable gift has its flaws as any heroine in any journey. I have a knack for composing songs. If there was anything I was needing it would be a knack for writing the songs down. In the ancient Greek times, creativity was not really developed by a person, instead they had a concept of the genius. The Genius is not like what we know it as today, an extremely intelligent person. Instead it was this entity came with a person who would create the art that the Genius provided them with. Essentially the Genius was responsible for the creative aspect within a person. So when the artist has a creative block, the Genius was blamed for not being able to inspire creativity for the person to produce. This idea a saving grace for me because I no longer put such a big pressure on myself for the things I create. As long as I create something, I am happy with the work I have so far.





No comments:

Post a Comment