Thursday, July 7, 2016

Day 2


Day 2
Life is an art
Today and everyday I will be a masterpiece and work in progress simultaneously. I’m perfectly incomplete, yet I know in my heart that everything will work itself out when I leave it all to God. Of course there must be work and effort in the direction I choose to go. I like to think that life is a combination of destiny and choice, we are destined to do great things, and as we journey through life it is in our choices that allow destiny to be fulfilled. I think that fear is the one thing we must fear, because it causes us to hesitate in taking the right course of action, or we impulsively take an action without further evaluation of the consequences. I have a special friend who explained life in this way. “Life is a series of adventures and you will learn something from each one. You can never be sure of anything in life, and that fear paralyzes some people into doing nothing. You have made a decision and now you must breathe life into it. Stop looking for reasons not to do it and start looking for the nuggets of knowledge. Some good, some not so good. Ultimately you will glean from these experiences.” My friend works for one of the most beloved media companies in the world, in fact she worked in two movies that depict strong heroine characters, one saved all of china, and the other could see the colors of the wind.
I chose to partake in this 500 challenge, writing 500 words everyday for 31 days.
So what am I going to do with this challenge of writing everyday? Simple, I want to develop the skill and love for learning and sharing my thoughts in a daily blog and hopefully, I pray that it will also help my skills in writing songs and storytelling. But how do I do that? I suppose writing the way I like in the stream of consciousness, no edits, unless I have the time to really review my work. It is really hard to edit work and break it down to become concise. I find it easier to simply say everything in my heart, but it’s not like we have all day. Otherwise my work would be a bit of my thoughts, sharing my adventures in life, and most of all my thoughts on the experiences I’m learning. I want to share the nuggets of knowledge, and simply sharing my story of taking leaps of faith. Now that being said I’m about to embark on a quest for self discovery, soul searching and suppose trying new foods all around the world. I pray that whatever God has for me I will follow. Writing makes my soul happy and I want to do more of that. Taking about God and the revelations He has shown me and how He continues to guide me every second of my life simply baffles me I love to share it with you and I also find it interesting to look back one day and reread these posts.
I must also print them out and have a physical copy just for sentimental reasons.
A few months ago I read an amazing book called “The Lotus and the Lily” It’s a great book for many reasons, its practical, fun, inviting to read and most of all it encourages writing down your hearts contents. From here I began to write “Dear Voice” and I love it.
Its an amazing story on how I found it. I was in a local book store that buys and sells books of all kinds. As I was scaling back and forth through the self-help section my eyes were drawn to the cover. It was of a butterfly and for some reason my heart felt so happy to see it. I flipped through it and I read the back/ “create the life you really want” and I was hooked. I knew immediately I had to get it. Now I know what it is to buy an item that speaks to your heart and soul, and I feel this way for many things I know I must have. In these cases, I try to find shoes like this, but it’s really different. Anyways. I will read it from a few months back.


No comments:

Post a Comment