Friday, July 8, 2016

Day 3



Dear voice

Time is of the essence. At 21 I would be at my prime if I were a boxer like Muhammad Ali. In a blink of an eye being 16 or 17, or even 18 seemed like it was only yesterday. Yesterday I was in high school, yesterday I started college, yesterday I was in Europe. Yesterday…
I am thankful for many great yesterdays. I always think that the best are yet to come, and the only moment that I can really make the most of is right here and right now.
If I were to showcase my life as a movie, where would I be at? The climax? The character development? The beginning?

I like to think of my life as a movie, I’m the protagonist. God is the director of my movie, and with a bit of actor inspiration, I suppose I can ask God for more takes in a few more scenes. Hypothetically speaking I like to think that God gives us paths, and as we travel through life we can ultimately choose which path we take, the one that He shows us, or the other one. Whatever the path we choose, God is with us through it all.

God is my guidance, He is my hope, my everything. It took me some time, a lot of prayer and few deep moments in my life before I realized this fact. In my dark moments I had to face, I knew God was there with me and He never left my side, even when I looked away from Him.
I met a great friend of mine, she is an inspirational soul. She shares her God-given wisdom about life and how God works in mysterious ways in our life. She recounts studying extensively on the culture of Russia during her high school days. Now she is going on a missions trip to Russia! I believe that God truly has a way of preparing us for things even before we know it. Now it made me wonder, what did I study back in my high school or even middle school that may still have value for me now. Well for one, I went to a rigorous college preparatory high school, and in middle school I went to a transitioning medical school. Although my heart is truly in the performing arts, I chose the educational path, and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Learning is one of my great loves, even as a child I loved to learn and to share what I learned. I used to talk to myself as if someone was always interviewing me, well I still do, just not as much. This imaginary interviewer would ask questions about my life and why I did this or that or my thoughts on philosophy and the esoteric ideas. I loved answering and asking questions. It seemed so natural for me. Then as I look back to my middle school days I remember my first major science fair project on kaleidoscopes. I absolutely loved colorful things that my teacher Mrs., Della Cross even suggested it to me and I was hooked. I loved the idea of looking through a kaleidoscope and knowing that you never see the same image twice, not only because of the many factors such as light, angles, color, but the personal experience and the perspective you have on the images that affect your emotions. I love that looking through the kaleidoscope I can sense this change in my mood, I become much more relaxed and my mind clears.

Time flies. So what will I do with my time right now. I like the idea that Oprah presents, she said to quiet your mind and allow your inner voice to speak. Listen for it, and it will tell you what the next best move is. Right now my next best move is to work on my idea and look into the Thiel Fellowship. Hoping for the best.

I also recommend this book called the Lotus and the Lily by Janet Conner, it is such a  beautiful read. It is helpful because it allows you to listen for your Inner voice. Just as I am speaking to the voice inside of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment