Tuesday, July 12, 2016

day 7
I Skipped a day but here it is
I was literally too tired to post it before dozed off.

The challenge to write about a rant, about advice you wished someone told you about in your life.

I'm not going to rant, since I know I can do it all day. Infact my parents make sure I know it.
For me rant is not about complaining, but it's my way to express what I think about the injustice or the situation. With so many topics, from GMO foods, to finding true love, what really matters in life, 9/11, the way war works, how the culture in America is different from Europe, how people tend to look at the surface of life, how you should be confident in who you are and not worry about what people think.

Well I think the last one struck a chord with me. I always gave a D*mn about what people thought about me, and how I could get people to like me. I was confident, but I realized my confidence laid on a faux foundation based on the exterior qualities of who I am. Instead of simply me, it was what I can do, what I look like, how smart I am, how popular or whatever.
I will tell you that I used to think I had it all, but that was my inflated sense of self. Maybe I was insecure but yet a bit of a narcissist, but despite that paradox I simply wanted other people's approval. Not only that but I wanted other people to somehow guide me in my path. I wanted to know who I was based on how other's saw me. That was wrong.
 Growing up we were all rewarded for doing the right thing, being a good citizen, being the best, being perfect. But that all becomes irrelevant when you's true purpose in doing all of that is not right.
"To look good" how about being Good. Simply being yourself and who you are.
Even when this does sound clique, it rings true,
Be yourself, because everyone else is taken. -Oscar Wilde.
I can not being a carbon copy of anyone, I can only try to be the best version of myself I can be.

Enough of trying to look perfect, or portraying myself as such through social media, or in public. Perfection was my poison, I wanted it until I realized the irony in perfections, you must make mistakes to know it.

I'm advocating a humble sense of unconditional love for oneself. Self love is what fills our life inorder to share love. We must fill our cup before we share it.
WE must follow our heart and where it leads us. Before I wondered what I would do in my life, and now, I still wonder what I will do in my life. And thats not the main point, doing life and being alive are two different things. I want to be alive, and know it takes time.
BUT I dont want to wait, I want to be calm cool and confident in myself in this moment. I am and I am not all at the same time. I'm at the prime time of my life, and I feel this overwhelming stress to have EVERYTHING figured out, but its not so easy. Maybe it is a matter of my mind. Mind over matter, whatever you may call it. I just want to be in the point in my life where I am free of anyone's opinions. And yet I can start now. And so can you.
Be patient with yourself as you a learning more about the things that spark joy in your life, and the parts of life that guide your heart into the direction you are meant to take.

Enjoy the process, or processes. We get obstacles in life because we can handle them, even as you level up or defeat a battle, there is always another one to overcome. This happens like a wheel, things go up and down. Things or obstacles in life are repeated metaphorically when we have yet to truly learn a lesson. For me I think it is putting everyones's needs and desires above my own. Not to be selfish, or self-less. I want to be self full in my life, and being present in the everyday happenings. Being present makes time seem irrelevant, since the past is just a memory, the future does not yet exist, and the only thing that really exists and matters is right here and now. So enjoy it, even in good times and bad times. One moment you"re doing absolutely nothing and the next one you are doing just about everything and you're like Wonder Woman. I think its good to rest and savor the little things in life, as these little things will become the best memories.  One of my favorite things in the world is balancing on my mom's bathroom counter, right by the sink next to the shower and just talking to her. Or while my mom is getting ready for work and she is doing her makeup, we just chat about life. Now it's hard to get a word in for her. I think time has done something, but I do cherish those moments when we shared good laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment